A.P.P.L.E. Consulting recognizes that intervention and treatment should consider the entire family. Our services incorporate and extend to the family as an integral portion of our overall model. Below describes the two specific models we provide:
Development of individualized programs addresses the unique needs and goals of the family as well as the child. A.P.P.L.E. Consulting encourages parents and families to play an active role in their child’s development and learning. A.P.P.L.E Consulting also supports families and parents throughout program implementation.
Sample of Family-Focused Services
- Ongoing consultation and help with specific issues and concerns
- Parent training & support sessions
- Environmental arrangements to promote child initiations and language
- Daily living skills
- Incidental teaching
- Generalization techniques
- Meals & eating
- Weekly family target sheets that outline goals for the family to work on between sessions with A.P.P.L.E. providers.
Family Support Services
In the interest of supporting our families, A.P.P.L.E. offers “Family Support Services." These services focus on providing support and consultation to families with questions regarding issues including but not limited to:
- Resource referrals
- Outside service questions:
- What may or may not be a good service for your child
- Questions about different service models
- New services
- Medical issues (including medication)
- Maximizing the effectiveness of your child’s schedule (e.g., which services provide your child with the best benefit vs. cost),
- Longer-term life span questions and any other questions pertaining to your child and family’s overall health OUTSIDE of direct educational, clinical services.